5.23.2010

Living Well is the Best Revenge

First off, welcome to my blog! I've been meaning to create this for a while now, so that people interested solely in my time at school can keep up with all the details easily, without having to sort through the rest of my online social media profiles. The title is an homage to Frank Capra's 1939 film Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. I'm a sucker for old movies, especially Capra's, with their sentimental, do-gooder protagonists. Like Smith, I'm suddenly going to find myself in a new, foreign place--and, like Smith, I hope to use my position to make a difference in the world (or something else equally nice and idealistic). Now onto the real point of this entry...

On Friday afternoon, I received a wonderful e-mail from the Housing Office with my offer for next year: a spot in a two bedroom apartment in Tang Hall. It was my first choice for a variety of reasons: cheap ($735/month), private bedroom, kitchen, and great view of the Charles River (Tang is 24 stories tall). I won't know who my roommate is until July, but I have high hopes: through their online roommate-matching survey, I was able to tell them I'm a clean, vegetarian non-smoker who goes to bed at midnight and prefers an apartment on the warm side, with a studious atmosphere. If I end up with yet another roommate who smokes all the time and never does their dishes and has people over until 3 AM...well, I don't know what I'll do, but I'll definitely be very sad.

This morning I found pictures of the building, and it made me even more excited! Check it out:
View from the top


I'm going to be so cold...

No comments:

Post a Comment